Dehydrating at Home: Getting the Best from Your Dehydrator, from Fruit Leather to Meat Jerkies
Super Savings Item! Save 33% on the Dehydrating at Home: Getting the Best from Your Dehydrator, from Fruit Leather to Meat Jerkies by Firefly Books at Torrance Winchendon Library. MPN: illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Dehydrating at Home is a practical guide to transforming perishable fruits, vegetables, meats, as well as nuts, seeds, herbs and spices into a
Dehydrating at Home is a practical guide to transforming perishable fruits, vegetables, meats, as well as nuts, seeds, herbs and spices into a pantry of nutritional wonders with a long shelf life. The book takes readers through the entire process for each type of dehydrating with delicious recipes and handy hints and tips. Practical step-by-step instructions ensure that dehydrations are perfect the first time and every time, and innovative flavor combinations will inspire dehydrated delicacies.
The book gives experienced advice on all aspects of food dehydrating, including:
- The advantages of dehydrating at home
- How a food dehydrator works its magic while preventing bacteria growth
- Notes on food safety and retaining favor and color
- Foods best suited to dehydration
- Variables that affect drying time, such as humidity, food thickness, fat and sugar content
- Preparing food for dehydration
- How to prevent unwanted browning of fruits
- Safe storage
- How to purchase and maintain a dehydrator, plus the best accessories.
Seven chapters cover all foods that can be dehydrated:
- Fruits -- Quick and easy recipes include Double-Dehydrated Coconut Bananas, Apple Pie Cookies, Watermelon Chips with Lime
- Vegetables -- Savory snacks and recipes for preserving a harvest include Kale Chips, Maple-Dipped Fiddleheads, Garlic Zucchini Chips, Honey Orange Beet Chips, Jalapenos
- Leathers -- Roll Ups that children (and adults) will love include Strawberry and Apple, Blueberry with Lemon Curd, Polka Dot Fruit
- Jerky -- Easy recipes for meat, poultry, and fish jerky include Classic Beef, Teriyaki Beef, Turkey, Smoked Salmon, Chinese Pork
- Nuts and Seeds -- Delicious high-protein snacks full of healthy fats include Cajun Pecans, Tamari Almonds, Flaxseed Crackers
- Herbs and Seasonings -- Delicious, long-lasting ingredients for aromatic additions to every meal include Herbs (Parsley, Chives, Thyme, etc.), Vegetable Powders, Ginger, Hot Chili Flakes
- Pet Treats -- The easy ways to watch the health of a pet include Sweet Potato Treats, Chicken Treats, Salmon Skin Nip.
Dehydrating At Home is the ideal reference for cooks with beginning and extensive dehydrating experience alike.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.63 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.37 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.03 x 0.71 x 0.71 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Firefly Books, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Gill Books / Gill & Macmillan Ltd.
ean: 9780717179435, isbn: 0717179435,
This delightful recipe book celebrates old-fashioned Irish cooking that is enjoyed in farmhouses throughout the country. As well as providing recipes for traditional favorites such as soda bread and bacon and cabbage, the book includes plenty of trad...
By Brand: Pelican Publishing
mpn: colour illustrations, frontispiece, ean: 9781455618330, isbn: 1455618330,
New Orleans celebrates better than any other city. It's our way of doing just about anything. Perfect for gatherings, holidays, Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, and more, this gorgeous cookbook offers more than fifty festive recipes from famous New Orleans res...
By Rockridge Press
ean: 9781939754127, isbn: 1939754127,
Discover how rich a healthy lifestyle can taste with Opa! The Healthy Greek CookbookWhen you don’t have a Mediterranean breeze behind you, finding local ingredients for complex recipes can make it difficult to integrate Greek food into your lifesty...
By AMERICAN WEST BOOKS
ean: 9780544790308, isbn: 0544790308,
The ultimate grilling guide and the latest in Mark Bittman’s acclaimed How to Cook Everything series Here’s how to grill absolutely everything—from the perfect steak to cedar-plank salmon to pizza—explained in Mark Bittman’s trademark simpl...
By Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
ean: 9781118338612, isbn: 1118338618,
The latest and most comprehensive baking book yet from best-selling author and “diva of desserts” Rose Levy Beranbaum and winner of the 2015 IACP Cookbook Award for BakingLegendary baker Rose Levy Beranbaum is back with her most extensive “bib...
By Brand: Better Homes Gardens
ean: 9781118335611, isbn: 9781118335611,
You'll never run out of delicious soups and stews with this extensive, photo-filled collection of recipes This new addition to the Ultimate series features enough incredible soups and stews to try a new recipe every day of the year! It's all here, fr...
By Brand: Reader's Digest
mpn: Illustrated, ean: 9780898217667, isbn: 0898217660,
Whether you're a novice outdoor cook or an aspiring grill master, Taste of Home Grill It! will be your guide to foolproof grilling and barbecuing, with 343 recipes and secrets for flame-broiled success....
By Free Press
mpn: Illustrated, ean: 9780743261883, isbn: 0743261887,
Savory crab cakes, panfried to a crisp golden brown. Succulent sea bass roasted on a bed of fennel. Tender lobster meat cloaked in drawn butter. When it comes to fish and shellfish, there is no end to the variety of dishes both flavorful and quick-co...
By Lorenz Books
ean: 9781844776597, isbn: 9781844776597,
Lose weight the smart way with low carb, healthy recipes that are temptingly delicious too....
mpn: 9781250099204, ean: 9781250099204, isbn: 9781250099204,
"Eddie comes on strong, but behind the attitude there's an honest, stripped-down, back-to-basics approach to cooking real food. If you ever wanted to go from watching cooking shows to actually cooking, this is where you begin." - Amanda Cohen, author...